Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Image too Racy?



So as many of you know, CreateSpace and Kindle merged, making it easier for authors like myself, to publish eBooks and paperbacks on one site. However, I’ve been having a problem with one of my paperbacks. A few months ago, I did a sponsor Ad for Saints and Sinners: Affairs of the Heart, but when I tried to do another Ad campaign for this book, KDP got back to me and said the request was denied. Solely because of the book cover image! Wow.  Check out the images below.







The first image was the one I used when I decided to change the cover after CreateSpace and Kindle merged. Then Facebook wouldn’t do a boost on my post regarding Saints and Sinners because of the naked woman. All it shows is the back of her, so again, I decided to change the cover to another image, one that kindle provides for their authors. This time, Kindle rejected the request to make a sponsored campaign Ad for it! So now, I decided to change the image to the third picture on the list. That image is also in the Kindle gallery, available to authors. So now, I’m just doing a waiting game with Kindle. If they reject my request for a sponsored Ad, well I don't know.






 I'll just have to accept it but I'll still publish it as a paperback. It burns me that they complained about images being too racy, when frankly they’re not! 
Well, I will present my book at my book signing next year.




Planned Event:

Well, as I posted on my Author’s Facebook page, I will be doing a book signing. Hopefully next year. There are many things still that need to be done beforehand. I will be sharing a booth with an artist who wants to sell his paintings.  He might have the whole weekend, but I will only have one day to sell and sign books. Of course that depends on the situation. 
Yes, I will order 10 copies each of my books, I will sell them and sign them. For those who have bought the paperback books, bring them & I will sign them. 

A Gamble:
It’s a gamble, really. I will make an announcement on social media, by then I should have a Twitter account.

 Will people come? 
Well, the book signing will be at an indoor swap meet however, I’m still looking into it.  I will let everyone know on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media websites that I belong to--the date, time and place when the event will take place.

Got any questions, please ask. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment