Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Life of a Dasher Excerpt Chapter 1

 

Life a Dasher Chapter 1 Excerpt


Chapter 1: Bring it On

 

My name is Mary, a happily married woman with two kids. I work part-time on the weekends as a project manager for an advertising company who hire people of all ages to advertise new homes that are being built by major housing companies. The people I manage stand at the corners of intersections in cities and towns holding up a sign advertising for those new homes. I started out as one of them though but after several years I asked to become a supervisor/project manager so I wouldn’t be standing out there enduring all kinds of weather. It isn’t as easy as some people think. Working as a sign twirler/Human Directional, isn’t an easy job, it has its pros and cons, to be honest, I just never liked putting up with random people who shout out disparaging remarks.

It’s crazy how warped some people are. Most of the time the people that are mean-spirited are probably under 20 years old, however when I worked as a Human Directional, I’ve noticed, that there have been adults who acted like children. When I started my supervisor job, I thought it would be easy and not hectic but on the contrary, I was wrong.

In 2019 the town I live in decided to fine the housing companies for having Sign Twirlers stand at main intersections, waving the signs.

 “It is distracting,” they said. As an area manager/supervisor I had to deal with the backlash. This whole thing made it hard for the company to place the sign twirlers at the appropriate corners for more exposure. It was December 2019, most of the housing companies started closing their doors due to rumors about an overseas virus that threatens to come to America and just like that I was out of a job. That extra income helped, now what?


This is an excerpt from Life of a Dasher, you can download the book through Kindle unlimited. Please rate & review. Thank you.


Author's Website


Author's Youtube Channel



 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment