Tuesday, August 16, 2022

WTF: Kindle Removed Ratings, Why?

 





Two months ago, I received an email from KDP claiming that they supposedly detected accounts attempting to manipulate Kindle services by simulating reading or borrowing activity on my titles. So now here we are, they removed the 5-star ratings that a ‘verified’ buyer posted on some of my books! 


In the Company of Elves, Chandra’s Quest, (book 1) & Secret Diary of a Gypsy Heart ARE NOT affected but the others were. As far as I’m concerned, a verified buyer is a verified buyer! If they purchased the book & rated it, it's valid. What's the problem?


 The problem is that when there is toxic jealousy involved, the person who is hating on you will do anything to hurt your chances of feeling impowered and happy over small or great accomplishments. They do things underhandly, and the worst part is that they will never admit that they’re jealous of you, even if you confront them. They will deny it big time. Now, I don’t know why KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) knocked off some of my 5-star ratings on some of my books, but I feel it is unfair and unjust. You’re wondering how one person can cause such a mess, well they can especially if that person complains and sends a red flag on you even though you have no idea what happened and you’re innocent. It's happened in the past to me but under different circumstances, not about my books.

Sure, KDP claims that there was an account trying to manipulate KDP services by simulating reading or borrowing my books, but I think it’s Bullshit. Chandra’s Quest, In the Company of Elves and Secret Diary of a Gypsy Heart are not affected, however Gypsy Heart did lose a one 5-star rating, probably because the rate came from the same person who downloaded that book and the others recently. Older rates and reviews are not affected.

 Nevertheless, it is unfair to remove what I feel came from a verified buyer, period! Haters will be Haters and Indie Authors who don’t have haters, are lucky.


Below I added a video I found on YouTube explaining what jealousy is and how it can affect your life, also I will add a link to my Author’s YouTube channel, please subscribe to my channel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment