Sunday, May 6, 2018

Excerpt from Saints and Sinners: Affairs of the Heart Chapter 3


(this is an excerpt from my book, Saints and Sinners: Affairs of the Heart. Chapter 3: Three Year Affair)


My story starts in January 2012. I was in my late 40’s and surprisingly in good shape for my she! I thought for sure that menopause would have made me into one of those grumpy, middle age, bitter ladies whose body betrayed her but that wasn't the case.
I did my best to keep my weight down and to this day, I keep trying. Anyways, I had joined Facebook two years prior but that's not where I met Vic. I met him through a social website called, My Yearbook. Before I continue, I must add that my husband and I had been going through a difficult time and a marriage is a union with its ups and downs. No one’s perfect and we all succumb to temptation at one point in our lives. Of course, that's no excuse and I’m not making any excuses.  If other women judge another woman because they had succumbed to a moment of weakness, then they should be cautious of whom they judge.
   Well, let’s continue. I joined, “My Yearbook” social network for fun and to socialize. Yes, I know. I have Facebook for that but, my Facebook was strictly for family and close friends. Gotta admit, I love to flirt, partly because at home I lacked the attention my husband should have been giving me! Deep down inside I knew that by the time I was 50, my body would betray me, and I would no longer be slim and sex would not be in the agenda, sad to say. Every woman goes through menopause and during that time, most women start to shun sex. It's true. I’ve heard in close circles that most women just want to avoid sex all together! So, I did some harmless flirting online because I didn’t want to be like those other women. 




One day, a man sent me a private message. “Hi, my name is Vic. I would like to get together and talk to you. I want to get to know you. You’re very beautiful and sexy. I think you have beautiful eyes.”  I was flattered of course but I remained skeptical because unlike the rest of the men who flirted with me and showed me their private pictures, he only had an old picture of himself of when he was in the military as a profile picture. No matter how many times I tried to convince him that I wouldn't judge his appearance, he refused to send me an updated picture of himself. He said, that he wants to remain a mystery until I agree to meet him. Well, for a whole month we’d tease each other and flirted online. I never contacted him through Facebook. I preferred it that way. I kind of figured that he had a Facebook page but for some reason I never could find him. I think he wanted it that way. Normally before I take a step forward with anyone, I want to look at who they are connected to, et cetera. I always dig first because I don't like being lied to. In February, we met at a local fast-food restaurant.  What prompted the meeting?
  Well, my husband and I had a huge fight, mostly about finances and I had the last straw! He yelled at me and accused me of not being supportive enough. In fact, I have been doing my best in supporting him in whatever decisions he’d make regarding our finances! Those decisions just made the situation worse! Unfortunately, most of the time his choices landed us in more of a pickle. He never considered sound advice that I would give him, he’d just go out and do whatever he thought would work, financially. Borrowing money from places that later came back to bite us in the ass! I felt unappreciated, drained and restless. My restlessness was due to the lack of connection I had with my husband. I know, most women would have considered a divorce or maybe not. My poor lack of judgement led me to cheat.
    I didn't want a divorce because my kids were still in school. They would not understand the situation. A divorce would be heartbreaking, it would have shattered their lives. 
So, after a month of texting back and forth, I met Vic at a fast food restaurant. I sat alone, drinking a cup of coffee, waiting for that mysterious man I met online.  There were a couple of people having breakfast in the restaurant. I felt anxious. It was ten minutes after the time we agreed to meet.
   “Oh well, he decided not to come. Maybe I should leave.”  I thought. A part of me was relived and thanking God he didn't show up. I was gathering my stuff when I saw a man walk in. He was about 5’9”, at 180 pounds. He looked like an average, middle age ex-military man, with a receding hairline. Brown hair and brown eyes. He looked around the restaurant .
  “Shit, that can’t be him?” I thought. I glanced at him and looked away.  I was thinking of getting up and leaving. If he would ask me who I am as I exited, I would have lied and gave him a fake name. I really should have gone in that direction. 
    Suddenly, cheating didn’t seem as alluring as I thought it would be.  He looked in my direction and acknowledged me. I smiled nervously. He knew it was me, because I used recent pictures of myself, not old ones like he did.
“Damn it!” I thought. I gulped. “Hi, are you Marissa?” I looked at him. He really wasn't attractive, in fact, he seemed older than what he told me.
Yes, I am.” I answered. 
“Wow, I didn't expect that you’d look so good!” He shook my hand and sat down. Most women lie about their looks. They put up pics on their profile and photoshop them to look better, I don’t, I’m real. 
"Um, you’re very attractive.” He said.  I smiled, nervously. I was nervous as Hell! A part of me didn't want to be there but out of respect, I decided not to bail.
We talked while we had coffee. It was 9:30am. My husband works, and I wasn't worried that he’d find out that I was out.
    Vic and I talked till 10:30am then, I told him I had to go home and take care of personal business. He knows I am married because I told him in a previous message online. It didn’t bother him. He is, after all a cheater. When we were in the parking lot, he swooned in and kissed me.
    My heart raced. His tongue explored my mouth. The kiss was very passionate, to say the least. Nervous and scared that one of my neighbors or a friend might see me, I pulled away. 


Ages: 18 & over (adult content)
Category: fiction, adult fiction, non-fiction, romance, drama

My Amazon author's Page

FOLLOW me on Amazon to receive updates on any of my books or when I add a new book to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment