Thursday, July 6, 2023

Fan Fiction Becoming a Novel

 


Chandra’s Quest 

(One woman’s choice sets her on quest to find the memories she lost when she was converted into a cyborg soldier for an invading alien race. Chandra must find a way to free herself from her captor and face her dark destiny.)

 Chandra’s Quest is loosely based on a Fan-fiction I wrote 25 years ago. It’s a mix of Earth Final Conflict & Lexx. For those who remember the sci-fi shows, will know what I’m talking about. The book is easy read; by the way, I’m not offended by that term. It is categorized for ages 16 & over. 


What part of Earth Final Conflict did I use?

 



Well, the relationship between Da’an & Lilli in episode 16 Wrath of Achilles, intrigued me, I was in love with the episode where they shared an intimate moment by exchanging energy. In my Fanfiction story, I of course, wrote it with more fiery passion and romance between them. In the fanfic, Da'an and Lilli keep their relationship a secret.




What part of Lexx did l use in my Fanfic?

Well,  the show was titillating and sexy in many ways. Hint, Xev, one of the main characters was made to serve as a pleasure girl. In later episodes she grows in character and developed a strong, courageous personality. In Chandra's Quest, the main character does the same. 




Overall, Chandra’s Quest is what I came up with. If a Fanfiction writer wants to publish their work as a book, changes must be implemented.

I changed the names of the characters and the content before I chose to publish my book. I’ve been seeing a lot of Fanfiction getting published by authors who started out as Fanfic writers. Ask Alice book series is one, The Never King book series is based on Peter Pan, it started out as Fanfiction. So when people read Chandra’s Quest, remember it started out as a fanfiction. Please comment and share this blog. 


Author's Amazon Page


I am a struggling Indie author, please consider a donation. $1.00

Donate


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment